SAP® Enterprise Information Management
Run a successful digital business with complete, trusted, and relevant data
Deliver information excellence with enterprise information management (EIM). Support capabilities to understand, integrate, cleanse, manage, associate, and archive your data to optimize business processes and analytical insights.
SAP® Data Services (DS)
SAP Data Quality Management | SAP Data Integrator
Transform your data into a trusted, ever-ready resource for gaining business insights, and use it to streamline processes and maximize efficiency. Get best-in-class functionality for data integration, quality, cleansing, and more with SAP Data Services software.
- On-premise or cloud deployment
- Data quality and integration
- Intuitive user interfaces
- Simplified maintenance
Integrate, Transform, and Improve your enterprise data – with SAP Data Services
Unlock meaning from all of your organization’s data – structured or unstructured – with SAP Data Services. This data management software provides best-in-class functionality for data integration, quality, cleansing, and more. Transform your data into a trusted, ever-ready resource for business insight – and use it to streamline processes and maximize efficiency.
Why SAP Data Services?
Because your business needs timely access to trustworthy data and insights. With SAP Data Services, you can quickly discover, cleanse, and integrate data – and make it available for real-time analysis.
- Boost productivity and cut costs with a single solution for data
- quality and data integration
- Make smart business decisions based on trusted information
- Gain new business process efficiencies with one version of the
- truth across the enterprise
- Reduce risk and lower TCO with consistent, high quality information
- Discover, cleanse, enhance, and integrate data – and make it ready for business use
- Ensure consistency across data sources – whether they are on-premise, in the cloud, or embedded in applications
- Maximize the value of your data by enabling users to make confident decisions based on data they can trust
- Improve processes and customer engagement by connecting customer, product, supplier, material, and other data
- Access and integrate SAP and non-SAP data sources and targets.
- Unlock meaning from unstructured text data to increase business insight.
- Easily standardize, correct, and match data to reduce duplicates and identify relationships.
- Show the impact of data quality problems on all downstream systems or applications.
- Transform all types of data, regardless of industry or data domain, and leverage a centralized business rule repository and object reuse.
SAP® Information Steward (IS)
Monitor, analyze, and improve data integrity with SAP Information Steward software. Combine data profiling and metadata management tools for continuous insight into the quality of enterprise information to optimize processes, and enhance operational, analytical, and data governance initiatives.
- On-premise or cloud deployment
- Information governance
- Metadata management
- Data quality and profiling
Why SAP Information Steward?
Because you need to understand, analyze, and quantify the impact of data and data quality on your enterprise processes. With SAP Information Steward you can:
- Facilitate collaboration among data analysts, data stewards, and IT staff
- Improve data quality with increased transparency into origins and lineage
- Consolidate, integrate, and audit metadata from all relevant sources
- Enhance information governance with consistent data validation rules and guidelines
- Gain a better understanding of data quality metrics with intuitive dashboards and scorecards
- Reduce IT costs and complexity with a single solution for data profiling and metadata management
Collaborate to improve information governance
- Facilitate collaboration among data analysts, data stewards, and IT experts to substantially improve your enterprise information management initiatives and overall data integrity.
Maximize visibility into data quality metrics
- Get comprehensive visibility into data quality at all levels of your data management landscape.
Identify data-related cost savings
- Forecast the savings you can achieve by improving data quality, and use this information to secure funding and support for your data quality initiatives.
- Run data validation policies on data in the context of business process
- Automated collection of technical and business metadata for applications repositories
Cleansing Package Builder
- Empowers domain experts to develop custom data cleansing solutions for any data domain ( Party and Non-Party)
SAP® Agile Data Preparation (ADP)
Gain data discovery, integration, and transformation capabilities with SAP Agile Data Preparation, a self-service data preparation application. Quickly transform data into actionable, efficiently consumable information. Drive more successful analytics, data migration, and MDM initiatives.
- On-premise or cloud deployment
- Self-service data preparation
- Data cleansing
- Data integration
SAP Agile Data Preparation is a self-service data preparation application providing data discovery, integration, and transformation capabilities. Quickly transform your data into actionable, easily consumable information. Built for all types of users – the software can help you drive more successful analytics, data migration, and master data management (MDM) initiatives. Simplify how you access and discover the shape of data and become far more productive and agile than you ever dreamed.
Why SAP Agile Data Preparation?
Because it gives everyone – business users, data stewards, and IT – the ability to access high-value data, and transform it into actionable information. With our data preparation software, you can:
- Empower business users to discover, prepare, and share data without help from IT
- Import multiple data sets from on-premise, cloud, or spreadsheet data sources – and let the software guide the prep process
- Prepare data sets with a visual, interactive UI that suggests one-click fixes for inaccurate, incomplete, or duplicate data
- Monitor and operationalize data access and usage – and give IT the ability to govern how business users prep data
- Define, assess, and improve data quality and trustworthiness with proactive data stewardship
Self-service data discovery, preparation, and sharing
- Give business analysts quick access to a variety of data sources – for better visibility and faster time-to-action
- Deliver a common set of easy-to-use data integration and data quality tasks – and improve the value of your data
- Create an interactive data prep workflow and make trusted information available across your business
- Provide self-service data access and preparation tools – and encourage business users to be self-sufficient and data-driven
- Monitor your organization’s data usage, and maintain critical controls over data standards, privacy, and security
- Proactively deliver frequently-used data sets to the business
- Optimize IT’s ability to govern how business users are preparing data
- Increase IT productivity by improving the ability to prioritize information management needs
- Get better visibility into critical information – and take immediate and effective action
- Instantly improve the value of data for analytics and operational programs
- Use trusted information to enhance decision making and make a real business impact
- Improve business efficiency with trusted, high quality data
- Facilitate collaboration across teams and departments
- Drive agile, informed decision making across the enterprise
- Improve data quality with proactive data stewardship
SAP® HANA Smart Data Integration (SDI)
Deliver data from anywhere, when and where it’s needed
Maintain business continuity with data that is always available. With SAP HANA data integration capabilities, you can move data across multiple sources and targets to satisfy a host of business needs. Ensure high availability and disaster recovery, make informed decisions based on the latest information, and more.
Our smart data integration technology also provides a single user interface for real-time data replication in batches or in real time. It offers pre-built adapters to common data sources and an SDK adapter that lets you get data from any source – for a 360-degree view of your business.
- Few computer systems in major organizations stand in isolation. As businesses transition to the digital economy and rely on initiatives involving Big Data, the Internet of Things, and business value networks, the ability to move and integrate data efficiently, securely, and reliably becomes increasingly important.
- There are three major styles of data integration: bulk and batch, real-time replication, and federation (now popularly known as virtualization).
- SAP HANA smart data integration software supports all three, making it the ideal choice for data integration tasks in SAP HANA–centric landscapes.
- By handling both initial loading and real-time data capture in a single flow graph, the smart data integration option simplifies the process of performing these data integration jobs.
SAP® HANA Smart Data Quality (SDQ)
Improve data quality and reliability
Deliver accurate, trustworthy data to decision makers – with SAP HANA smart data quality. Manage quality issues across all domains and sources, and cleanse data with SAP HANA. Now you can standardize, validate, and match entities – names, titles, phone numbers, e-mails, and more – to ensure accuracy. You can also use geocoding to enrich address data with location intelligence. With the SAP Agile Data Preparation application powered by SAP HANA, you can provide self-service data preparation capabilities to your organization and allow users to simplify the way they discover and shape data.
Why HANA Smart Data Quality (SDQ)?
Because SAP HANA smart data quality lets you simplify data quality operations by parsing, standardizing, validating, correcting, and enhancing individual, company, and address data in a single transformation.
- These capabilities help you gain and maintain confidence in the data that your organization uses to run core processes and make strategic decisions.
- All organizations have data quality problems. Duplicate customer master records, incomplete and incorrect material data, incorrect vendor addresses, and many more quality issues affect profitability, customer satisfaction, marketing and production costs, returns, regulatory compliance, and operational efficiency.
- Data cleansing is the process of removing duplicate records, creating a best-quality “golden record,” correcting addresses (with the help of regularly updated postal directories), and enriching data with geocoding or bureau data (such as Dun & Bradstreet).
You can ensure that all data is correct and complete. With SAP HANA smart data quality, we deliver unified cleansing, enrichment, deduplication, matching, geocoding, and other data management capabilities as callable services atop the native platform, through one user-friendly interface.
- Cleanse individual, company, and address data
- Identify duplicates within a single source or across multiple sources of data
- Select a best record from a group of duplicates
- Enrich address data with geocode information
- Search for addresses by latitude and longitude
- You can further support geodependent business operations by identifying nearby addresses and returning U.S. census data where applicable.
Visualize the impact of change before it happens. Data modeling tools automatically capture architectural layers and requirements to build a blueprint of your enterprise architecture. Tapping into our powerful metadata repository helps forecast the impact of change.
- On-premise or cloud deployment
- Open software environment
- Automatic architectural information mapping
- Impact analysis
Plan and manage complex business transformation initiatives with SAP PowerDesigner. The software’s data modeling tools let you build a blueprint of your current enterprise architecture and visualize the impact of change before it happens. Automatically capture architecture layers and requirements, tap into a powerful metadata repository, and share discoveries with your team.
Why SAP PowerDesigner?
Because it can help you manage complex information architectures and visualize the potential impact of new technologies before you implement them. Take advantage of best-in-class data modeling tools, link-and-sync technology, metadata management, and more.
- Map and understand your information architecture to prepare for new technologies and process improvements
- Capture all business requirements and design ideal implementation plans using a drag-and-drop interface
- Perform IT impact analyses to avoid potential risks and roadblocks
- Streamline data migration, including to SAP HANA, with a built-in migration feature
- Simplify collaboration between business and IT with intuitive visualizations and Web-based dashboards
Align business and IT
- Use link-and-sync technology to create connections between requirements, business language, and data models.
Improve team productivity
- Help developers and enterprise architects share information with a secure metadata repository for all modeling types.
Document your existing systems
- Take advantage of flexible, wizard-driven system documentation and Web-based reporting.
Support an open software environment
- Improve your understanding of heterogeneous systems with support for leading XML, database, and process language standards.
- Quickly and accurately document dependencies with a drag-and-drop mapping editor. Drag to or from any supported source to target model pairs – and create comprehensive mapping definitions used in data dictionary definitions, impact analysis, and warehouse ETL documentation.
- Provide secure, controlled access to metadata through wizard-driven lists, multi-model documents, and fully hyperlinked Web reporting. Share documents to foster project-wide collaboration and communication, even with non-modelers.
- Integrate all model types using automatic link-and-sync technology for project-wide or enterprise-wide impact analysis. Streamline communication and collaboration to increase your organization’s responsiveness to change.
SAP® BI Analytics
Available on premise or in the cloud, our business intelligence tools put actionable information at users’ fingertips. Use our BI tools to eliminate guesswork, monitor key metrics, and gain valuable insight into customer behavior.
SAP Business Intelligence (BI)
Easily discover and share insights – and make better decisions— by relying on the SAP BusinessObjects Business Intelligence (BI) platform. With flexible architecture, our analytics platform can support your growth from a few users to tens of thousands of users, and from a single tool to multiple tools and interfaces.
Why SAP BusinessObjects BI platform?
Because our powerful BI software allows you to put decision-ready information within business users’ reach. With our analytics platform, you can increase responsiveness, reduce IT costs and workload, and drive better decision making across your organization.
- Gain real-time business intelligence from any data
- Increase user autonomy by exposing data in plain business terms
- Make information consumption simple, personalized, and dynamic
- Benefit from a flexible and scalable information infrastructure
SAP BusinessObjects Web Intelligence
Get quick business insights – and understand trends and root causes – with SAP BusinessObjects Web Intelligence. These Web-based ad hoc reporting and analysis tools make it easy to uncover fast, decision-ready business intelligence (BI) from any data source, on any device.
Ad-hoc reporting and analysis
Answer new and evolving business questions with self-service ad-hoc reporting and analysis – on the web, your desktop, or a mobile device.
- Take advantage of easy-to-use BI reporting tools
- Drill, slice-and-dice, and format information based on your business needs
- Use simple drag-and-drop features to create interactive reports
- Combine data from different sources to get answers to your business questions
- Set-up data alerts so you are on top of the information that matters
- Share trusted insights with business partners and customers
Flexible reporting and analysis
View data from different perspectives – and easily edit queries and reports to reflect information needs – with a highly interactive data interface.
- View, edit, remove, report, section, or block filters
- Format and re-size cells, tables, and charts
- Set breaks and sorts
- Insert calculations
- Add rows and columns to tables
- Create and duplicate tables and charts
- Turn a grid into a chart or a chart into a grid
- Create formulas and variables
- Edit cell formulas in place
- Re-combine report objects within tables and charts
Ad-hoc query design
Quickly and easily generate answers to tough business questions with self-service information retrieval and interactive, ad hoc analysis.
- Work in an environment that uses common business terminology instead of technical jargon
- Query data from any business application and data source within an organization
- Use an intuitive drag-and-drop interface to create ad hoc queries
- Leverage powerful functions for ad hoc queries and thorough business and data analysis
SAP BusinessObjects Analysis for OLAP
Empower your business analysts to answer the most sophisticated questions quickly – using our Web-based data analysis solution, SAP BusinessObjects Analysis for OLAP. Explore multidimensional data in an intuitive interface and easily share insights across your enterprise.
Perform analysis of multidimensional data sources in an intuitive Web-based environment, so you can quickly answer complex business questions.
- Uncover deep business insights without the help of a database administrator
- Share business insights with peers in a fixed or interactive Web format
- Run multidimensional analytics on one common business intelligence platform
- Improve user adoption while optimizing the return on your IT investment
Uncover business insights with just a few mouse clicks using an intuitive, graphic Web-based interface that can be shared across the enterprise.
Deep business insight
Consolidate heterogeneous OLAP data sources into a single workspace and navigate across multiple dimensions and hierarchies to answer complex questions.
Leverage deployed infrastructure
Reuse SAP Business Warehouse component cubes, queries from SAP Business Explorer tools, and Microsoft SQL Server cubes. Integrate and report with the SAP BusinessObjects Business Intelligence (BI) platform.
SAP Crystal Reports
Design and deliver meaningful business reports based on data from virtually any source – with SAP Crystal Reports. This easy-to-use BI and reporting tool can help you create a clear picture of your business and give colleagues, customers, and partners the information they need in the format of their choice. Integrate with well-known solutions to add data visualizations, dashboards, and more.
Why SAP Crystal Reports?
Because it is the de facto standard in business intelligence reporting. Companies around the world rely on SAP Crystal Reports to help them create richly formatted, interactive business reports from virtually any data source – delivered in dozens of formats, in up to 24 languages.
- Leverage powerful reporting tools to deliver key insights and a clear picture of the business to decision makers
- Get broad connectivity to diverse data sources to create real-time operational reports
- Make actionable information available online or offline – from applications, portals, and mobile devices
- Use flexible, customizable report design to give customers and partners the reporting formats of their choice
Intuitive design environment
Quickly design elegant business reports using a “what you see is what you get” (WYSIWYG) layout that offers popular design, integration, and deployment options.
- Use intuitive design tools to create the precise report layouts you need
- Reduce time spent on report formatting with templates and wizards
- Set parameter values and get results without refreshing data
- Explore results interactively with on-report sorting and filtering
- Set sorting and formatting to match local customs
Design acceleration features
Speed up report design using features such as global formula search, duplicate formula, duplicate running total, a “find-in-field” explorer, and more
- Automatically create hyperlinks with the hyperlink wizard
- Instantly generate barcodes with a “turn to barcode” function
- Set report parameters and apply values from a single, easy-to-use parameter panel
Powerful data mash-ups
Enhance report designs with powerful, integrated components – such as dynamic charts, Adobe Flash, Adobe Flex, and SAP Crystal Dashboard Design data visualizations.
- Convey information in a more compelling way with enhanced designer features
- Add dynamic charts, graphics, and videos to reports using Adobe Flash
- Visualize what-if scenarios with SAP Crystal Dashboard Design integration
- Execute business decisions within reports by embedding Adobe Flex
Comprehensive deployment options
Deploy and share reports in multiple ways – including data-driven publishing, new data access, comprehensive export options, and software development kits (SDKs).
- Blast personalized reports to thousands of recipients by integrating with SAP Crystal Server
- Access interactive data online using data drivers for enhanced Web services
- Easily access complete customer data with a Salesforce.com driver
- Quickly integrate reports into business processes with XML exporting
- Add, change, or create new report objects at runtime with SDK options
SAP BusinessObjects Dashboards
Give your people an easier way to explore insights and test-out future scenarios – with SAP BusinessObjects Dashboards. This dashboard software offers users personalized drag-and-drop functionality and interactive gauges, charts, and widgets – for instant access to clear and understandable metrics.
Why SAP BusinessObjects Dashboards?
Because every employee’s day-to-day decisions can impact your business. SAP BusinessObjects Dashboards provides an easy, affordable way to create customized business dashboards for a wide range of people and roles and embed them wherever they’re needed.
- Drive faster decision making with unparalleled interactivity and what-if analysis
- Provide IT and business users with direct connectivity to live data sources
- Design inspirational business dashboards that can be deployed and adopted quickly
- Mobilize your dashboards on iPads for anytime, anywhere insights
- Support day-to-day decision making by embedding dashboards in portals, Microsoft Word, PowerPoint documents, PDFs, and e-mail.
- Integrate with the SAP BusinessObjects Mobile app to let users publish fully interactive dashboards on iPads. The app also lets you view reports created in SAP Crystal Reports and other SAP BusinessObjects BI solutions.
Secure data from any source
- Get a 360-degree view of your data with dashboards that are securely sourced from any live data connection or back-end system.
Back-end optimized BI platform
- Use a dashboard processing server that provides a thin processing layer between data sources and the dashboard’s front end.
Direct semantic layer connection: Query panel
- Improve authoring with direct access to a semantic layer. Preview, sort, and define queries by dragging and dropping relational universe objects, dimensions, and measures.
Direct semantic layer connection: Query browser
- Get quick access to the query panel to add and edit queries. Use the query summary view to see result objects, filters, and prompts.
Direct data binding
- Bind data from charts and selectors to query result objects – and preview live data at design time.
- Take advantage of built-in regional formatting to display data using region-specific settings that match your preferred viewing locale (PVL).
- Publish dashboards to the SAP BusinessObjects BI platform to allow translation experts to create localized text for dashboards.
SAP BusinessObjects Design Studio
Create interactive, mobile-ready data visualizations for your business dashboards and BI apps – using SAP BusinessObjects Design Studio. Enhance app and dashboard design, put actionable information at decision makers’ fingertips – and get the maximum value from your data with a direct connection to SAP Business Warehouse and SAP HANA.
Why SAP BusinessObjects Design Studio?
Because it can help you quickly and cost-effectively create data visualizations, dashboards, and BI apps based on the exact requirements of decision makers. Make it easy for users to digest petabytes of information, understand root causes, and gain a holistic view of the enterprise.
- Use pre-built templates and guided steps to design faster with professional results
- Customize visualizations, dashboards, and apps with a flexible SDK
- Directly connect to SAP BW, SAP HANA, and semantic layers for trusted KPIs
- Save time and money by re-using data assets in queries, InfoCubes, and SAP HANA
- Work in a flexible and scalable Eclipse-based design environment
Easily design centrally governable visual analytics content from simple templates to sophisticated applications.
- Build BI dashboards or apps using compelling, multi-dimensional data visualizations
- Connect business dashboards and apps to your trusted SAP BW and SAP HANA data
- Leverage existing analyses by operating on SAP Business Explorer (SAP BEx) queries, InfoCubes, and SAP HANA views
- Lay a foundation for broad publication with easy scalability
- Seamlessly transfer data with filter member values from SAP BusinessObjects Analysis, version for OLAP
- Flexible Eclipse-based design environment
- HTML5 UI technology and built-in iPad support
- JSON-based client-side rendering
- WSYWIG layout
- Less and decoupled properties
- Wizards and command script language
- Direct integration with SAP BW and SAP HANA
- Operability on SAP BEx queries, InfoCubes, and SAP HANA views
- Support for engine and platform services specific to SAP BW and SAP HANA
SAP BusinessObjects Lumira
Build impactful business intelligence (BI) visualization to assess risk, improve efficiencies, highlight unique insights, and identify opportunities.
Why SAP BusinessObjects Lumira?
Because you need to build impactful business intelligence (BI) visualization to assess risk, improve efficiencies, highlight unique insights, and identify opportunities.
Harness data company-wide so you can gain and share unprecedented insight to compete boldy in today’s digital economy. SAP Lumira combines self-service BI discovery and visualization with interactive dashboards and analytic applications – all in one solution that rapidly promotes insight across the organization.
- On-premise and cloud deployment
- Single, simple design canvas that fosters collaboration between the business and IT and speeds adoption
- Inclusive self-service analytics across every line of business
- Real-time performance and insight with an optimized solution
Bring business and IT teams together
- Deliver insights and analytics applications quickly with one solution for self-service data visualization, real-time analysis, and advanced development tools.
Simplify the user and administration experience
- Ease the learning curve for creating and consuming analytics. A simple interface and home page helps users connect to any data source and document on their own.
Optimized access to governed secure data
- Enable IT to manage, govern, and deliver fresh data to business users to uncover hidden insights and drive decision-making, eliminating the need for shadow IT.
Tell the story with self-service data visualization
- Explore and analyze data online with a simple-to-use solution. Create stories with BI visualizations from all types of data that others can leverage, build on, and share.
Create analytics applications and dashboards
- Develop interactive, mobile-ready dashboards and analytics applications to collaborate with users and their data stories and provide fingertip access to actionable insight.
Secure trusted access and scalability
- Connect to data anytime, anywhere for deeper insights and informed decision-making on the go. Explore data with filters, drill-down capabilities, and hierarchal navigation.
- Focus on your business and customer relationships, while knowing that your data is safe and reliable. With a proactive, predictive approach, SAP helps ensure compliance and data security in the cloud and within an on-premise data center.
Data Privacy and Protection
- SAP protects the rights of employees, applicants, customers, suppliers, partners, and all other persons by preserving data ownership, protection, and privacy throughout the processing and use of information.
- Get the assurance you need to know that our cloud offerings meet the latest compliance and security standards. We regularly check compliance through external reviews and audits and follow one common framework, including data security and privacy regulations, worldwide.